February 03, 2007

Manfredd Ng

Received your email. I was travelling in Europe. Its great to know that we are having HSM old boys meet again. I will call the bouncher Alan Choy to join. Look forward to meeting you guys again. Last year was a turbulent one for me and my family. The Malaysian furniture industry faced intensive competition and challenges in every major aspect of prices, raw material and cost. My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. During the solemn moment of truth, a smiling doctor was advising me the pallative steps for my father. The doctor was someone around my age group. I continued with my busy work, business and travel schedule until Alan Choy invited me to join the HSM7476 dinner in Classic Hotel. I was also assigned to invite 2 former teachers. I managed to rope in Mr Yah Siak Chu the volley master.

It was a great experience for me when I entered the door. There were so many High School friends that I left behind some 30 years ago. They came with different professions. They looked familar and yet strange. They were like a page in history to me. I met Thomas Koh, Tang Chee Hong, Koh Boon Chai, Chan Swee Hong, Chan Guan, Khoo Boon and many others. I was indeed surprised to see the smiling doctor among us. He was none other than Dr Huang Siew Nam. It was only in HSM7476 did I realise that I have nearly forgotten this cohort of old friends. We have became doctors, general managers, remisiers, engineers, lawyers, regional sales managers, associate professors, regional directors and so on.

Several weeks later, my father passed away. Many relatives, friends, church members, business associates attended the funeral. There were plenty of wreaths, kind words and Pek Kim send to my family. Just before the hearse begun I noticed a particular wreath. It was send by and signed as Class of HSM7476. I was touched and almost in tears to receive this kindness and thought from all of you. It is nearly a year now. I look forward to meet my HSM7476 friends again.

Rgds The Carpenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home